How to Pack for Storage
- You should use small boxes for heavy items and large boxes for light items.
- We suggest using small boxes for books. Packing the books flat will protect their spine.
- You can use large items as extra Storage space; for example refrigerators, freezers and washers are perfect for Storing soft items such as linens, towels and clothing.
- It is important to wrap dishes and glassware individually, and pad the box with packing paper or bubble wrap.
- To help prevent damage when packing mirrors, windows, and screens, use mirror packs or strong cardboard.
- Before storing any items in your Storage unit, you should lay tarps, plastic sheets, or pallets on the floor.
- To provide the proper ventilation in a Storage space do not pack items right up against the walls, especially in humid climates.
- Make sure to leave space in the front of your Storage unit for easy access. You should leave your frequently used belongings in the front of the Storage unit with labels.
- You should stack boxes according to size which will help maximize your space. It is important not stack boxes higher than you can comfortably reach.
- For the protection of your high-value items, store those towards the back of your Storage unit in unmarked boxes.
- Plastic covers will help protect furniture.